Born: 10/27/08 @ 8:35 pm
(12 hr labor! not bad considering Michael was 21 hrs)
Stats: 7lbs 7oz, 21.5 in.
We picked Elijah's name because of its meaning and what we felt from his spirit and what we feel he is to us.
Elijah means "Johova is my God" in Hebrew
- We wanted a name that meant strong and firm in his faith and growing testimony of the Savior- unshakable. While "Elijah" literally does not mean firm, while looking for names we were impressed by the description of Elijah the prophet in the bible dictionary. "The deep impression Elijah made... "His recorded words are few but forceful, and his deeds are explicit evidences of his strength of will, force of character, and personal courage. He was an example of solid faith in the Lord" (LDS Bible Dictionary). This is our Elijah.
Matthew means "Gift of God" in Hebrew
- He is our miracle baby. After Linaya the Doctors told us Mara would not be able to conceive naturally if at all or how her body could hold up. Well... the rest in history! What better gift could you possibly ask for!
4 comments:
Congratulations!!! He's beautiful. Also, welcome to the blogosphere.
Hey you guys! He is sooooo cute! Congrats. I have a blog to... it's curtisandhannahchristensen.blogspot.com if you guys are interested. Cute little family!
I just found your blog from Janelle's blog! I'm so glad you guys have a blog! It is such a fun way to keep in touch! I'm so happy for you guys and your sweet new baby!
Our blog is www.rickardsfamily.blogspot.com Feel free to drop by and check in on us from time to time!
I hadn't heard the story of how you picked out Elijah's name... that is beautiful!
Post a Comment